Many get up in the morning in pain, tired, lethargic, and with a sore neck. Instead of getting up all rejuvenated and fresh, when someone gets up all dull, it ruins the whole day. There can be many reasons for it but pillows are one of those reasons. Pillows can be partially blamed for providing you a painful and sore neck. Therefore, it is advisable to choose the best pillow for neck and shoulder pain. Believe it or not, it makes a difference.
The moment one lets a Sleepsia Bamboo Pillow enter their bedrooms, a miracle is bound to happen. It can be termed as the 'Best Pillow For Neck Pain.' Also, the cervical pillow by Sleepsia can be considered helpful. In this article, we will help you find out some ways to have a pain-free sleep with appropriate pillows!
Best Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain
The market is flooded with a variety of bamboo pillows for sleeping. But the best pillow created with the high-quality shredded memory foam is by Sleepsia. Its comfortable, soft, and soothing bamboo pillow can be considered the best pillow for neck and shoulder pain. It is because:
- It is highly supportive of the body type of all types of sleepers.
- It is appropriate for back sleepers, stomach sleepers, and even side sleepers.
- The bamboo pillow is super malleable. This flexibility helps during neck pain and stiffness.
- The moment one falls on these pillows, one relaxes immediately, forgetting all sorts of pain.
Not forgetting the special cervical pillows, created for support to the neck and shoulders, these bamboo memory foam pillows also heal the patient miraculously. Read below to know some benefits of the bamboo or cervical pillow by Sleepsia that may aid the neck pain sufferer in the best way possible.
- Gives Support: Any of the two types of pillows holds the neck, head, and shoulders in its lap to provide maximum comfort. The bamboo pillow has an appropriate size and height. It matters the most as the appropriate height of the pillow holds the head and the neck rightly to keep it pain-free. Usually, Sleepsia Bamboo Pillows for sleeping have a loft of 5" which seems appropriate. On the other hand, the butterfly-shaped cervical pillow is designed to support the neck at a particular height.
- Provides Freshness: During pain, it is important to have breathability. The shredded memory foam bamboo pillows or the cervical pillows enhance air circulation and don't let the user sweat. Suffocation and sweat add to the nuisance of neck pain. Therefore, it is important to have freshness while sleeping. Organic, airy, and cooling pillows are necessary for neck pain sufferers.
- Provides Dust-Mites Free Sleep: The best pillow for neck and shoulder pain by Sleepsia is hypoallergenic too! Imagine sneezing continuously due to dust mites, bugs, allergens, or bacteria. This, too will add to the already existing neck pain. Therefore, sleepsia pillows can provide dual benefits of providing relief from neck pain and protecting from allergies.
- Helps In Ailments: The bamboo pillow is made up of shreds of memory foam which makes the pillow malleable. It molds as per the neck, shoulders, and the back. It provides comfort, support, and relief to the hollow space between the head and the neck. Therefore, undoubtedly it is the best pillow for neck and shoulder pain. The orthopedic cervical pillow is ergonomically designed to keep the back straight. It has the filling of memory foam which makes the pillow soft. Any of the two pillows help to provide relief in stiffness of the muscles, in orthopedic pains, in cervical, in spondylitis, in migraine, in sleep apnea, and other problems.
Best Pillow for Neck and Back Pain Stepping Ahead to Give Comfort
Bamboo Pillows for sleeping have been given thumbs up for relief in neck pain. Apart from it, there are specially designed pillows for cervical and neck pains. Those orthopedic cervical pillows take an extra step ahead to soothe the users. Sleepsia also prepares an ergonomically designed orthopedic cervical pillow which is clearly the best pillow for neck and back pain. Also, there are some gel infused memory foam cervical pillows (not designed to provide two sided comfort) which are the star pillows. These pillows also help to soothe the neck and the spine with the cooling memory foam. Let us explore these pillows below:
Orthopedic Pillow Keeps the Spine Straight
An orthopedic cervical pillow is a result of great experience and study. It is designed specially to let it support the way the human body is built. It helps to keep the spine straight. Thus, giving maximum comfort!
The orthopedic cervical pillow is created with a contour design. Its fit fills the gap between the head and the neck. This makes the spine straight. Its contour design makes it easy for the users to sleep sideways. Thus, it is also the best pillow for neck pain side sleeper habits.
So, here are the benefits of an orthopedic cervical pillow:
- Keeps the back straight.
- Forms no curve of the back.
- Holds the neck, shoulder, and spine better to provide calmness.
- Protects the spine from the wear and tear.
Trend or habit, whatever you may call! But side sleeping is unavoidable for many. An orthopedic cervical pillow which is contour designed from two ways is super beneficial for the neck pain sufferers, having the habit of side sleeping.
Sleepsia orthopedic cervical pillow has a higher contour for side and back sleepers. The lower contour is for others. This two way design helps the neck pain sufferers to relax not only their neck but their shoulders too.
A relaxed neck will always help the back to stay relaxed. Such a pillow provides a natural curve which is the need of the hour to stay away from extreme conditions. The moment neck pain or back pain is ignored, it may lead to serious issues such as-
- Wear and tear of muscles
- Damage to the spinal cord
- Unbalanced walking or frequent falls
- Shaky hands and movement
- Numbness etc.
Gel Infused Memory Foam Pillow Supports a Paining Neck!
There is another variety of pillows in the market known as gel infused memory foam pillows, but which aren’t contoured or designed in a butterfly shape. This type of pillow may also be the 'Best Pillow For Neck Pain.' Such a pillow soothes and support various kinds of sleepers by giving an ultimate level of comfort, even without any particular shape. However, its filling makes the real difference.
The gel infused pillow with memory foam retains its shape which is a plus point. Moreover, the cooling effect bestowed upon the users by this type of pillow is next level. It doesn't make the user struggle for freshness and air. As mentioned earlier, an airy and ventilated sleep is a way to forget the pain and sleep freely.
The gel infused pillows, with no special design are also gaining popularity. This sort of a pillow is easy to carry and handle. It is also an orthopedic pillow which provides relief to the spinal cord and thus to the other parts of the body.
- This type of pillow may safeguard the user from any type of restlessness and irritability.
- It is appropriate for the head, the neck, the shoulders, and the spine.
Relief to Neck and Back Pain Indicates A Happy Life
The neck in the body is made up of vertebrae from skull to the upper body. The muscles or the bones that make the neck, hold the head better, and are a cause of the movements. Any sort of inflammation, damage, or injury can become the reason for neck pain.
Many sit in odd positions, sleep in odd positions, or work on laptops in odd positions. This results in the neck and back pain. It is why an appropriate pillow comes into the picture during such conditions. Sudden jerks, accidents, whiplash, and in extreme cases- meningitis, rheumatoid arthritis, or osteoporosis are also the reason of the neck pains.
Neck pain along with back pain can create double trouble. Back pain can emerge after the neck pain or can attack the users because of either muscle strain, or slipped disc, or maybe spinal stenosis.
- One should sleep on a bamboo pillow, or on an orthopedic cervical pillow/gel infused to seek relief.
- Don't ignore the neck pain or the back pain, or the shoulder pain if it happens regularly.
- It is recommended to include light yoga and exercise, after the advice of the expert (for the poses) to avail maximum benefits.
Along with Sleeping on Best Pillow for Neck Pain, What Next?
Merely depending upon the pillows for the betterment of neck pain won't work. Remember, your existing rigid pillows can be 'half held' responsible for the neck pain. It may be the bad habits or some ailment developing which is causing this issue 'fully'. Remember to include good habits in life to sleep free from such pains.
- Either Love Screens Or Your Body: We need to choose between phone and laptop screens or our body. The emerging habit of 'binge-watching' and freezing in one wrong position for a long time is the root cause of neck pain. It is of no use to search on Google for 'best pillow for neck and back pain' until and unless we make efforts from our end.
- Don't Lift Heavy Weight: If lifting heavy weight or sudden jerks due to strong gymming have caused you neck pain, then avoid it. Seek guidance of a professional and don't experiment on your own.
- Immediate Exercises: Immediate exercises such as stretching pose, neck rotation clockwise, neck rotation anti- clockwise, touching the ears with shoulders, and others can help.
- Relief Gel: Cold packs or relief gels (anti-inflammatory gels) can help. But for how long? If it has become regular, seek your doctor's advice and then use the medication or any gel.
- Reach Out To Doctor: Never fall into the trap of laziness. Reach out to the doctor for the check up. It is serious and can make you dependent in your whole life. No smooth enjoyment, no easy tasks! Is this what we live for?
Choose Only the Best, Forget the Rest!
We have a variety of options to choose the best pillow for neck pain, for back pain, or for shoulders pain. Those can be:
- Bamboo Pillows: Available in one pack, two-pack, in various sizes.
- Bamboo Adjustable Pillows: These have an adjustable loft through which shredded memory foam can be put more or taken out.
- Contour Orthopedic Cervical Memory Foam Pillow: It is a butterfly-shaped ergonomically designed pillow especially for the cervical.
- Gel-Infused Pillow: Many gel infused pillows for cervical and neck pain may not have a particular butterfly shape but its filling and other features help to gain relief during the painful sleep.
Sleepsia makes great pillows with the intention of providing pain-free sleep. It is difficult to choose just one best pillow for neck and back pain, and for shoulder pain. It is because all the pillows by Sleepsia are created as per the requirement of the users. The users can best fit the requirements and choose the pillows wisely. It is for sure, all the pillows are safe, hygienic, and comfortable!