Pain in the neck is a pain in life! Many of us must be suffering from cervical. Severe pain, stiffness, or sore neck are some signs that make the days and the nights of the person nasty! Be it working in the kitchen or working on the laptop, be it sitting to watch tv or trying to play a video game, be it trying to sleep or getting up in the morning, cervical will haunt you in every phase of life.
So, it is important to address this common issue which can become major in the future. While blaming our lifestyle for any sort of ailments, we must have a look at our bedding too. Mattresses and pillow play a major role in either letting us fall into the trap of pains or helping us heal from the pains. Understanding it, Sleepsia prepares orthopedic cervical pillow which can make a huge difference. Let us read below to know more about it!
What is Cervical Pillow?
To know about 'what is a cervical pillow?', first, it is important to know what cervical is. Cervical pain refers to the wear and tear of the muscles which affects the spinal discs. This pain may extend to cervical spondylosis resulting in the narrowing of the area/space required by the spinal cord. It may cause many other serious ailments too.
In this article, we will be exploring to know more about cervical pillow that have emerged as the pillars of support these days. A cervical pillow is a pillow that is designed especially for the neck region, shoulder region, and back of the head to let it rest upon in a particular manner that the placement of the body part doesn't feel pressure, stiffness, or wear and tear.
Choosing Right Size of an Orthopedic Cervical Pillow
The market has many options for cervical pillow. Remember to choose wisely before buying. After all, we don't want 'no' or 'ill' effects after spending on these pillow. Hence, we need to know that a good pillow for neck pain should be of the appropriate loft that it can hold the neck properly.
- Try and look for any discomfort.
- If you feel discomfort in any way, drop the pillow!
- Look for the proper density of the pillow. Check what filling would you prefer.
- Memory foam or something else!
- Your head should not tilt or should not be placed too high. Search for an
- appropriate orthopedic cervical pillow.
- Your pillow for neck pain should add to the benefits and not add to the trouble.
Shape of the Cervical Pillow Matters the Most!
Butterfly-shaped, contoured cervical pillow for neck pain are the best ones. These pillow help to provide benefits from two sides. Sleepsia prepares brilliant orthopedic cervical pillow that have a butterfly shape. It supports the neck, the head, and the shoulders. It provides relief to the hollow space between the head and the neck. So, try to choose contoured pillow that can support the natural curve of the neck.
- Counter Pillow Design is Supportive: The cervical pillow with two heights and with two-way traction function is always beneficial for cervical patients. The higher side for those who want their pillow a little high and the lower side is for those who prefer lower sleeping.
- Ergonomic Design for Neck Curve: Choose the cervical pillow whose shape suits the neck. A pillow's ergonomic design must keep the spine straight, fill up the gap between the head and the neck, and make the spine a straight line, without a curve.
- Others: Also, there are many types of neck pillow such as neck rolls, D-shaped, or horseshoe-shaped pillow. Remember to put your comfort on the top and nothing else!
After knowing 'What is a cervical pillow?', what is making us wait for so long? If neck pain has entered the life, it is important to let a good orthopedic cervical pillow also enter your life immediately.
Cervical Pillow Benefits
A cervical pillow for neck pain, shoulder pain, or back pain is helpful in many ways. It provides many benefits to the user. Considering Sleepsia Orthopedic Cervical Pillow, it is important to know that this pillow not only provides support in the pain, but is also breathable, hypoallergenic, and easy to handle. This is all you need to look for in your pillow for neck pain. A pillow must provide the benefits of pain-soaking also and sweat-soaking also! Let us read ahead to find out some benefits of these special pillow.
- Spine Support: A cervical pillow supports the upper part of the spine.
- Eliminates Causes of Neck Pain: A good orthopedic pillow will help to provide relief in the neck pain caused due to sudden jerks, harsh exercise, bad sleeping posture, or strain.
- Neck Alignment: It helps to keep the neck aligned.
Improves Sleep Postures: It helps to better the old sleeping posture and lets you develop the habit of a better posture that is less strainful.
- Breathable Sleep: Sleepsia's cervical pillow not only supports the neck but gives a ventilated, suffocation-free, airy, and breathable sleeping experience.
- Hypoallergenic Support: It is also hypoallergenic to let the allergens stay away from the user while sleeping, to stop additional problems along with the cervical.
Know about Cervical Back and Side Sleeping!
Sleeping postures matter the most while suffering from cervical pain. Sleeping on the back and side sleeping makes a difference during this pain. It may help provide relief, than those who sleep on the tummy. Wise words suggest that it is advisable to choose the best cervical pillow for neck pain, which supports the sleeping patterns of different users.
- Sleeping On The Back In Cervical: It is considered an appropriate position for sleeping during neck pains. Sleeping on the back can help maintain the curve. If using a contoured cervical pillow that can be used from two ends, choose the thinner side so that the head isn't raised much higher.
- Sleeping On The Side In Cervical: One can also sleep sideways during cervical to keep the head appropriate. If sleeping on an orthopedic cervical pillow such as Sleepsia cervical pillow, choose a little higher side. If using other pillow, avoid the ones that make your head so high that it adds to the problems.
- Stomach Sleeping In Cervical: It is not recommended to sleep on the stomach with neck pains. By doing so, the head stays in a particular position for long hours which should be avoided.
- Golden Tip: Try to place a pillow between your knees while sleeping (sideways). This may help the lower back to stay aligned.
Cervical Pillow for Neck and Spine Support: Know the Secret!
An orthopedic cervical pillow is something that needs to be placed in your bedrooms. Investing in a good cervical pillow such as Sleepsia orthopedic cervical pillow is the need of the hour. It is because of our worst sleeping patterns, vague postures, continuous laptop work, and other habits that are a cause of neck pain. So, a good pillow will help provide relief and support to the neck and the spine.
- Maintains The Curve: This special type of pillow is prepared to maintain the normal cervical/spinal curve while sleeping at the back. This further helps ligaments relax and remain at their appropriate length. The alignment of the neck and the spine is always beneficial to the person in pain.
- No Bend In The Neck: For those who sleep sideways, these specially designed cervical pillow don't let the neck bend to cause pain in the future.
- Help In Blood Circulation: Such pillow assist the tense muscles of the neck and shoulder region and help in blood circulation.
Sleepsia Cervical pillow for neck and spine support helps the neck pain sufferers miraculously. It is designed in a certain way to provide relaxation and pain-free sleep to the user so that the user can get up rejuvenated and energetic to tackle the new challenges of life.
Cervical Pillow for Sleep Apnea
Not many know cervical and sleep apnea (Obstructive Sleep Apnea/OSA) are interlinked. OSA witnesses disordered breathing which is a result of damage of the upper airways during sleep. It can be identified with sudden start and stoppage of breathing while sleeping, indicating some sort of blockage or breathlessness. However, the damage to the pharyngeal plexus during cervical can deeply affect the upper airway. Thus, it is also important to stay away from sleep apnea while suffering from cervical. Both of these may join hands to make life miserable. Let us know how can orthopedic cervical pillow help in this regard.
- Choose Cool Pillow for Neck Pain: Pillow can not only help provide relief in cervical but in sleep apnea too. Orthopedic Cervical Pillow by Sleepsia are ergonomically designed, super airy, and hygienic. The memory foam stuffing or the gel-infused filling provides a cooling effect. It calms the mind and gives freshness which doesn't let the user sweat or snore.
- Choose Breathable Pillow: The best cervical pillow for sleep apnea is supposed to be super breathable. Less suffocation, more ventilation, and enhanced air circulation can help the user stay away from sleep apnea symptoms.
Hope 'Cervical Pillow: What You Need to Know' has answered many of your questions. Hope this article has motivated you all to stay away from cervical and take necessary action against it. Hope it has strengthened your mind to be able to buy the best cervical pillow for neck pain.
Sleepsia cervical pillow is highly recommended in your struggling times. Think, act, buy, try, and become cervical-free! Also, don't forget to exercise regularly, stay away from binge-watching with heads down, perform stretching and neck rotation regularly, and meditate to gain willpower. Believe it or not, the best cervical pillow along with self-discipline can create wonders!