Before knowing how 'Parkinson's Disease and Sleep' are linked, let us know what exactly is this disease. Parkinson's disease refers to a nervous system disorder that puts an impact on movements. It begins slowing and usually, the initial signs are missed. Gradually, when stiffness and slow movements show up, then it is diagnosed. It may include symptoms such as hands showing tremors, face showing no expressions, arms freezing while walking, and soft and slow speech signs.
These symptoms can affect both sides of the body however these may begin from one side. This disease is closely linked with our sleeping patterns and puts a major impact on our sleep. One may wake up frequently during the nights and one may find it hard to sleep for a longer time. If this is the case, it is highly advised to at least start the prep for having the best sleeping essentials such as pillows, mattresses, blankets, etc. Along with medical assistance, one should do efforts of their own to bolster the benefits of the treatment.
There might not be a treatment for this disease as such but health experts can definitely suggest a way out. Coming back to our efforts, it is recommended to change the old and rigid pillows and choose Sleepsia Bamboo Pillows. These pillows help in attaining a comfortable sleep. Imagine suffering from this hazardous disease and then finding no place to sleep comfortably! It can feel horrendous. Therefore, to have a soft and soothing sleep, opting for natural and organic pillows is a must.
How We Catch Parkinson's Disease? How Can Bamboo Pillows Help?
It is a progressive neurological or nervous disorder. Our body can show movements and our muscles can stay flexible because of ‘Dopamine'. It is a substance in the brain present in the part known as 'substantia nigra.' But during Parkinson's disease, the cells present in this part of the brain begin to fall or die, resulting in lower levels of dopamine. It is hard to believe that its causes are unclear till today and its cure is unclear till today. However, it can grow and become chronic to worsen the issues. There are many symptoms of this disease such as:
- Changes in the voice
- Unable to have a posture
- Motor symptoms of stiffness, slow movements, tremor and shaking, issues in balancing
- No expressions on the face
- Less swallowing and blinking
- Severe symptoms such as hallucinations, anxiety, memory issues, etc.
- The worst of all- Sleeping issues!
There isn't any cause known but it is said age can be a factor or being infused with toxins can be a reason. It is seen mostly in people above fifty years of age and maybe in those who have a family history of this disease. It deeply affects the sleeping patterns of the patient which in turn higher the levels of insomnia and anxiety. That is when Sleepsia Bamboo Pillows play their role. These pillows let the patient stay breathable and rest upon them to feel breathable and airy.
Bamboo Pillows Solving Sleeping Issues During Parkinson's Disease
During Parkinson's disease, one faces many sleeping issues and it affects life majorly. 'Parkinson's Disease and Sleep' are closely linked. The quality of life of the patient decreases slowly and steadily. The patient finds it difficult to cope up with everyday challenges and gets trapped in low-mood and stress. A patient may suffer from:
- Insomnia: Being an owl is no stranger to this disease. The patient might become an insomniac.
- RLS: It is known as restless leg syndrome. It is the inability to move legs while resting, sitting, or lying down. Mostly, it may affect in the evening and can have an increased impact while sleeping.
- Daytime Sleepiness: It is a horrible thing to face especially if you are working. Daytime sleepiness can affect office work and land you in a not-so-good situation! It is a serious symptom of Parkinson's disease.
- RBD: It is referred to as REM Sleep Behavior Disorder. It is the rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder in which one may witness vague dreams resulting in violent hands and leg movements and screams, raised voices, or extreme sounds. It is also known as dream-enacting behavior. During Parkinson's disease, if one is unable to show legs or hands moments, still can be affected with vague and unpleasant dreams.
Best Sleep Products for People with Parkinson’s Disease
Best Bamboo Pillow: ⏩ Bamboo Pillow Premium
Best Pillow for Neck Pain: ⏩ Memory Foam Pillow
Best Pillow for Sleeping: ⏩ Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
Best Pillow for Side Sleepers: ⏩ Bamboo Pillow 2 Pack
Best Pillow for Neck Pain: ⏩ Orthopedic Pillow for Sleeping
Sleepsia Bamboo Pillows can be helpful because these pillows mold according to the users. The patient can easily stay flexible on these pillows. At least the pillows won't contribute to make the legs and muscles of the patient stiffer and rigid. Also, these pillows are made up of shredded memory foam and bamboo pillowcases which are a healing combination. So, all in all, these pillows are just the best!
Our final words suggest you all gift Sleepsia Bamboo Pillow to those suffering from Parkinson's disease. These pillows will add to the comfort. Now that you know that 'Parkinson's Disease and Sleep' are closely connected and can affect the whole life, why not take some action? Just relax, eat healthily, and perform yoga and meditation every day to stay healthy and fine.